Monday, August 24, 2020

DFI - Day Five

 I have really enjoyed today's session on collaborating through visible teaching and learning and the use of Multi-Modal Google Sites.

Visible learning

In our Junior hub we promote visible teaching and learning through proximity teaching, collaborative practice, use of our environment and Google site planning. It is positive to see that my practice is visible and I am working towards becoming increasingly multi-modal in my approach to teaching.

It has been reinforced that online learning means no surprise for the students where the learning journey is less like a maze and easier to navigate through for students, parents and colleagues. It is also good that our learning is accessible in the junior hub through an easily identifiable site button. This visibility enables accelerated shift in learning.

Multi-Modal

These days when I want to figure something out I don't always rely on mum or dad's wisdom and experience. I can always google it for tips or watch a video to get a visual on how to do it, as I did at Christmas when removing the fruit from a pomegranate with as little mess as possible!

What I thought was important today was the modes for learning. How are we allowing our students to learn? Children learn in different ways. What works for one doesn't necessarily work for another. We need to support our learners to demonstrate what they know. Using Audio added to the pages of the Google Site is something I am going to look into as in the Junior school some children cannot read therefore basic tasks can be directed via audio messages on the Google site for those students so that they can work independently.

Here is the Site I was working on today. Happy I could make pages and buttons!





No comments:

Post a Comment